Thursday, January 7, 2010


I am afraid I have been rather lax on the blog front.

After my show with Julian Hartnoll I hit a slump and my body melted down along with my weary head. I always marvel at how these things; paintings and exhibitions can both exhaust and of course invigorate you.

The show with Julian was great. Julian Hartnoll is a charming man and we even got a piece in the financial times. Hurrah !

It has been 12 months of huge change, artistically a miasma of development and opportunity. 12 exhibitions, overlapping and clashing and finally a studio where I can be enlivened and thrive in as well.

I am now though, thirsty for new research and visual stimulation and I am slowly emerging from the marathon of last year.

The studio/ gallery idea is to be put back into the forefront of events. There is a lot to do: planning, programming etc. I am not sure how any of it will work…but I think it will. With some elbow grease and vision and people working together……all very exciting.

Next week I am in the London Art fair with Long and Ryle Gallery and have been working on another large painting of Elephant and Castle for it. and then....time for research and planning

No comments:

Post a Comment