Highs and lows of 2011
My last blog outlined some of these things but to follow the a-n blogging way as inspired by Emily Speed I shall also make a little list
- Core Gallery: launching in April: working with over 100 artists and curators, forging partnerships, giving exposure and support to artists and curators. http://www.coregallery.co.uk
- Input from Jane Boyer, Gillian Best Powell and Elizabeth Murton as team mates for the gallery who have been splendid.
- Having Graham Crowley as a supporter for Core, a mentor and Relay exhibition Partner
- Hosting an AIR Activist meeting !
- In general being on a-n and all the wonderful people I have met through it
- People’s generosity and support such as Matt Roberts, Andrew Bryant and Nick Kaplony
- Chantelle’s Core Gallery Interviews: http://www.coregallery.co.uk/chair-appeal/Having
- A successful chair appeal for the Gallery : http://coregallery.co.uk/chair-appeal/
- Launching DIY Educate http://coregallery.co.uk/diy-educate/
- Meeting Amy Mckenny at Coexist ( with whom we shall be having a collaborative exhibition in 2011) http://www.coexist.org.uk/tap.html
Me ( personal achievements as an artist )
- Learning so much from the artists and curators I have worked with
- Being elected to the AIR Council ( very exciting! )
- Exhibiting and being in Derby for the UKYA events, selected for the ING Discerning Eye, Lynn Painters Stainers Prize and having a solo show in Regent St London as well as Wilderness Exhibition and talk. www.rosalinddavis.co.uk
- Being blog of the month in June on a-n. http://www.a-n.co.uk/artists_talking/article/647129
- Teaching at West Dean College, Brighton Phoenix and University of the Arts
- Having a new extended family made up of my cor blimey studio mates and wider members and being part of the Deptford Art Scene
- Having a commissioned articled published in a-n in July as well as a letter in their magazine in November 2011
- Getting some very nice press regards of Becky Hunter, AIR’s Jack Hutchinson and doing my first radio interview with Reprezent and really enjoying it
- Exhibitions outside of Core: Gauguin, Phylidda Barlow and Fiona Mcdonald at Coexist, Fade Away at Transition Gallery , The Crash Open Salon at Charlie Dutton Gallery, Vicky Wright at Josh Lilley Gallery
- Overworked and underpaid!Being so tired that I thought my brain would snap at times.
- Having to be an uneducated web developer for our website because the guy who did it has abandoned us to his unfinished job!
- Not having enough work to quit my part time job yet as admin bunny
- The government
- The A3 laminator breaking
To look forward to:
- Exhibitions at Core Gallery in 2011; including curating exhibitions with Jane Boyer and Annabel Tilley
- DIY educate in action working with lots of DIY educators
- Having my work exhibited in India
- More teaching
- Hopefully getting out of my part time job as admin bunny
- Restored hearing in my ear so I am not quite so hard of hearing.
- Being asked to be a judge for Xhibit , a University of The Arts Exhibitions
Overall though and to reiterate, I am so very happy this has all been wonderful way to be part of something and thank everyone for their input throughout the year
Happy New Year !